Geeth Sandaru Madhushan Appuhamy

Monday, November 19, 2018

What Next?

I'm at my vacation after the 2nd year of my degree program.

I started Software Engineering degree program at SLIIT after leaving Quantity Surveying behind and it's been going good. Actually, I was one of the best students there. Now, the second year is over.
I decided to learn Machine Learning during my vacation specially because that was the reason I entered into the industry and it's the new sexy these days :-) . Anyway, I'm currently working on some c# applications for some of my customers too.
So, now I am in the very basics of ML and I am training ML with Ubuntu so that I can learn to work in a Linux environment while studying ML. Clever me...!

ML is all about mathematics with probability and statistics.
So far, I had to learn statistics and regression(linear regression, etc.). I still have many more math to study. But, many of students think that it can be hard because it contains math. Seriously, if you don't like to play with a little math, you shouldn't be doing computer science at all. Mathematics is fun and very exiting if you really give it a thought other than just parrot up the theories.
However, I'm still undergoing the lessons from internet. I really need to minimize the time I put into watch movies and stuff. I'm like addicted to movies and tv dramas.
I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to do. But, everything has a limit right?

No comments:

Post a Comment